jueves, 9 de julio de 2026

Independence Day Race 9K - Palermo (CABA) | 07-09-2026


Second time doing this race, but my first time taking on the 9K course. The weather was fantastic: clear skies and around 13 °C—ideal running conditions. I decided to take off my thermal layer and run straight in a t-shirt (a white one, which meant dodging puddles and sticking to the middle path all the way to the starting corral). I took off easy, right at the back of the pack, completely pressure-free.
My race analysis and breakdown: I enjoyed every single kilometer from start to finish, but the best part was the race strategy. I managed to execute a flawless negative split: started out gentle and picked up the pace from km 6 onward, finishing much faster than I began. • Warm-up phase (Km 1): A progressive start at 6'21"/km. • Cruising pace (Km 2 to 5): Solid stability between 5'34" and 5'41"/km. • Acceleration and energy management (Km 6 to 8): Pushed the pace down to the 5'24"–5'23"/km range. • Strong finish (Km 9): The final stretch was the fastest of the entire race.
As for technique, I maintained an average cadence of 163 spm at an average pace of ~5'38"/km—a very solid baseline that leaves room to optimize toward 170–175 spm down the road.
In short: an exceptionally well-executed race with an even pace, a strong finish, and the feeling that my body responds efficiently without overexerting itself. Perfect weather conditions combined with a strong final kick reflect mature, consistent training. Thrilled with the training and the experience!

 
Wikiloc link: https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-carrera/heading-to-the-carrera-de-la-independencia-9k-palermo-caba-285062455

 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario