I purchased a nebulizer, which wasn’t the cheapest nor the most expensive. And I did it because I had the convenience of being able to choose it myself without seller interference. Even so, I went over to the pharmacy section and asked the pharmacist a question, which she couldn’t answer—a question regarding the comparison between two devices. Despite the pharmacist's ignorance about nebulizers, I decided on one, went ahead, and paid for it. After paying—and not before—the cashier told me that after a week passed, I should come back to the store with the receipt and the warranty so they could stamp it. Doing this is wrong; they should stamp it at the time of purchase like any serious and responsible establishment. But these people seem to behave differently. I conjecture they do this because some people aren't interested in coming back, or can't, or lose the receipt, or give up on doing so because they don't find it important. As I was leaving the store, the alarm went off as always, because they don't deactivate certain products, so you have to wait for the condescending nod from those pathetic people working private security for the store.
A week passed and I returned as instructed. I waited in line, the cashier helped me, and told me he doesn't stamp warranties, that they do it at the pharmacy section. I headed over to the pharmacy section, which is usually at the back of the store, and I was greeted by a rude woman whose first words were that she doesn't stamp warranties either. I explained what the cashier who sold me the nebulizer had told me; she looked at the receipt and then claimed that wasn't the store. I told her that yes, that was the exact store where I made the purchase. She ended up saying she would stamp it for me, but with the original purchase date. Fine, stamp it and let's get it over with—what do I care about the date! I would have preferred they stamped it the day I bought it in the first place. She repeated that warranty stamps have to be done on the same day of purchase. Well then, get your story straight among yourselves, as you are nothing more than simple sales employees and nothing else! Then I left. I might not buy a product with similar features from Farmacity again; with other pharmacy chains out there, when you are treated so inconsiderately, I think the best thing to do is look for other options.
(originally published on 6/20/2013)
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario