domingo, 21 de septiembre de 2014

What song could it be?

While watching the movie The Tailor of Panama (2001 - John Boorman), a song caught my attention and I couldn't find it, so if anyone knows it, it wouldn't hurt to let me know. It's a song that sounds like a cumbia, a tropical rhythm. I found that someone else was looking for it too, but didn't get a satisfactory answer—right over here:  forums.terra.com/foros/musica/Musica_C15/M%FAsica_F49/necesito_ayuda_para_encontrar_cancion_P110935/

As for the movie, there's not much to say; it has a pretty interesting plot—a spy movie that seems like it promises to be good, without deaths and blood, but when it nears the end, everything fades away and it ends up having one of the worst endings I've ever seen. The last part of the film destroys everything the first part had promised.

The lyrics of the song go something like this:

They've told me that you feel lonely that even the nights

Pelaaaao

camameola

They've told me that your life is a torment now that you don't have me

Pelaaaao

… (this desire marks it for me) (I think that's what it says)

Let them talk, let them talk Let them say whatever they want Let them talk, let them talk Let them say whatever they want

That I am, that I am a fine hen Pelaaaao Not for just anyone I am a fine hen Not for just anyone

Let them talk, let them talk Let them say whatever they want Let them talk, let them talk Let them say whatever they want

That I am, that I am a fine hen Pelaaaao Not for just anyone I am a fine hen Not for just anyone Nobody knows what they have Until they have it And until they lose it Nobody knows what they have

In that same movie, they also play a really good song by Víctor Heredia called "Todavía Cantamos", but in the movie it's sung by someone else and with a different, much slower rhythm; it didn't turn out very nice.

(originally published 8/20/2007)

 
Textual contribution from a visitor of the previous blog: By chance I found the song; it's called "Gallina fina", from 1994, and it's sung by Sammy and Sandra. Sammy Sandoval is the one who plays the accordion, from Panama specifically, and I found an article talking about him at this link: mensual.prensa.com/mensual/contenido/2006/10/29/hoy/panorama/768728.html

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario