I wrote this back around 2007, and to this day I'm still using it. A little while before that date, I had downloaded a very good little program. Looking for an alternative for compressed files, I started testing a few free compressors/decompressors. After several tests, quite a few installs, trials, and uninstalls over some time—and resulting in none of them convincing me (I was using WinZip and WinRAR as benchmarks)—I came across 7-Zip.
The program is brilliant: it's free and gathers practically all the functions of the other two. It's stable, powerful, and supports a wide variety of formats. When it finds an error, it warns you about it and still extracts and joins the file (something the other two don't do), and it's completely free. It's one of those programs that pop up every now and then—highly functional, necessary, and well worth having—without spending a dime or having to figure out how to stop them from getting blocked and all that stuff.
A quality program. Its website is very simple (humility or lack of resources?).
Here is the link: http://www.7-zip.org
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario