Walking through the San Telmo neighborhood, along Defensa Street, on what remains of a demolished building, you can see a wall painting—I imagine—of some place where dances were held or musical groups performed. They look Panamanian, or almost certainly from that region, the Caribbean or Central America.
A comment from an internet user, lorerosti from Montevideo, Uruguay, clarified back in 2008 the following, which I quote verbatim: "Hello! I'll tell you that what you see are Candombe players (Afro-Uruguayan music), which is usually played with three drums (chico drum, repique drum, and piano drum), which is why you see three figures (one for each drum). So you can hear what this music sounds like, here's a short video I filmed at the annual party of my comparsa (Candombe group) called Elumbé. By the way, there aren't three drums, but 70 (the maximum number allowed to parade during Carnival)."
My thanks to her for clearing up the doubt that the painting had caused me.
(Originally published on September 23, 2007)
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario