sábado, 10 de enero de 2015

Sicko

 Sicko – 2007 – Michael Moore.

I didn't want to miss saving this short excerpt because I find it to be a very interesting and spot-on reflection. Even though I don't think it belongs to the director of the film, he delivers it very well and leaves you with plenty of food for thought.

You can judge a society by how it treats its worst. But is the opposite also true? That you can judge a society by how it treats its best.

The film is a critical documentary about the US healthcare system and is built on a comparative critique, addressing the healthcare system in the US and comparing it with other countries such as Canada, the United Kingdom, France, and Cuba.

I would like to elaborate a bit more, but I prefer to save it for another time and read something that can help me reflect a little further (and perhaps better). The approach it takes is very good, especially regarding Canada, the United Kingdom, and France, which are the countries featured in the film that stand out for the healthcare systems they have and how they function in relation to society.

Something I didn't know is the origin of the film's title: "Sicko" is an English slang term used to refer to a morally unstable person. It is a play on words the director used to title the movie, and it derives from "sick."

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario