Looking through old saved emails—which I amazingly still keep from around the year 2002, and there might even be some earlier ones—I found one from the exact day I suggested a few minor corrections for a free course offered on a website.
The website in question is www.aulafacil.com It is a site known for offering a wide variety of free courses. Highly recommended to check out.
Back in 2002, while I was taking an Italian language course, I was also visiting the AulaFácil website, which offered a free online Italian course, to reinforce my learning of the language.
It so happened that they had recently uploaded that Italian language course at the time, and not only did I look at it and read it, but I also downloaded it to do the practice exercises.
And back then, in 2002, I found a few errors—minor mistakes—so I decided to write to the website's webmaster. I sent an email highlighting eight points where I had spotted errors.
I thought they would just fix them and that would be it. Not only did they fix them, but to my surprise, they sent me a thank-you email.
And then, on the main page of that same course, they added a comment that read:"We would also like to sincerely thank the selfless collaboration of two students who put the course through a true 'quality control' process, which allowed us to fix several typographical errors. Thank you very much."
Apparently, there was another person who had also noticed errors—maybe the same ones as me, maybe others—and who had also written to the website: an anonymous user like me who had been thanked by and on the site. I really don’t know if they were just typographical errors, but it doesn't matter; the point is that they took into consideration the suggestions sent by both myself and the other person.
As of today, that thank-you note is no longer there. They made some changes to the course in question, and the message remained from March 2002 until December 2003, when it was modified and removed from the course's main page. However, it can still be viewed on archive.org, which is where I took the last screenshots from.
To this day, in the year 2014, I still visit the AulaFácil website every now and then.
(Originally published on 2006)
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario