As a curiosity, back in 2007, just as I was about to walk across Coronel Díaz Avenue, a tourist with his partner—who was pushing a stroller with a baby inside—hailed a taxi. The taxi stopped, and the driver opened the rear door. The tourist bent down, not to get in, but to stick his head inside, and after just a couple of seconds, he closed the door and said with a distinctive accent, "No, another one, no, no, another." By then, I was already wondering what could have happened. The taxi driver leaned over, opened the door again, and asked, "Why not?" The tourist ignored him with a gesture and repeated, "No, no, another one." At that exact moment, he hailed another taxi that hadn't crossed yet; in fact, watching what was happening, I hadn't crossed either. The other taxi he hailed also pulled over, and the first driver closed his door after asking once more, "Why not?" The new taxi stopped, saw the woman, and asked the tourist, "Should I put the stroller in the back or the front?" The tourist replied that anywhere was fine, and the driver immediately began adjusting the seat.
As an outside observer, I cannot know the exact reason for the tourist's rejection of the first taxi, but I suspect it was due to the driver's inattention to moving the seat for the baby stroller. The first taxi driver was indifferent to the situation, and I believe the tourist expected a helpful gesture. That was the only difference I noticed. In fact, the first taxi was a better car than the second—the latter didn't even have front headrests (even though they are mandatory)—but the second driver was friendlier to the tourist and attentive regarding the stroller.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario